Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Kart meeting 2014?  (Read 3468 times)
The Very End
LFS Kart Meet
XFG

« on: July 01, 2014, 12:25:14 PM CDT »

It's this time of year again, and it's time to find out if there is going to be a meeting this year :)

Since last time I promised to check out the options for Norway, however the price is ludicrist compared to what we can get in the UK / other places. To make it short, we are talking prices of several houndreds Euros for people just to rent the track (with some hours of driving) / kart themself. Everything calculated - just to get there I mean, it's just not worth it. So I am not voting for Norway kart meeting that's for sure.

So, what options do we have? I remember Jason asked politely if someone else would be the host this year, but anyone up for it? If not, the same as allways Jason (reference to an old comic on the telly)? :)

Edit: And maybe we could do something completely different than karts, maybe some sort of other arrangement?

Pete
SR Team
FOX

pjhopkins
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:49 AM CDT »

Some sort of other arrangement.....?! Sounds a bit iffy to me :p

If there is any event in the UK i'm up for it this year (missed last one).

As i've been away from LFS for a while i'd love to come and get some aerial footage of the karting from my new hobby - FPV.

There is a Indoor karting place near me but it's quite expensive. My company paid around £2k for 30ish people plus you'd have to get a hotel/flights etc so not very good for people on a tight budget Sad 

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:02:04 PM CDT »

Welllll, I've never yet made it to the meet, but I live in hope :) (My summer hols keep on clashing with it, boo, and this year would probably be no exception.)
Has anybody posted about it on the main LFS forum yet? (Might be a good place to find a volunteer to host it Wink)

CSF
FO8

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 05:06:59 PM CDT »

Not surprised Jason can't do it any more, he must be about 50 by now, being run ragged by folk all weekend must be tough.

*Hi Turkey :P*

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 09:23:46 AM CDT »

LOL! Evil bastid Wink

Becky Rose
SR Team
XRG

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 03:02:06 PM CDT »

I didn't realise Jason had asked if he could step down.  I don't mind hosting but my house is quite small compared to Jasons (I have moved again Tor :P).   I don't think anyone could hold more than a candle next to the Olympic flame that was Jason's event!

I doubt we could rent a track for the entire day anywhere other than at G-Force in Wales which is a long way from me but there are both indoor and outdoor (more expensive twin engines) tracks near me.  I've not tried them so don't know much about them.

On the plus side I am centrally located in the UK, in Northampton, which should make it a reasonably easy destination for UK folks, although there isn't a local airport it's only just over an hour from Stansted, Luton & Birmingham.

But as I said my house is a small 3 bedroom semi, not the comparative mansion that is Jason's place. Even if I packed away my guitars and as much of my studio as possible I doubt I could fit more than 5 or 6 people up stairs and that would be quite, erm, "snug".  I don't have much of a garden, and downstairs is open plan so although it could fit quite a few sleeping bags and stuff it would mean everyone downstairs would sort of have to go to sleep at the same time or be drunk enough to pass out despite all the noise!

There is of course only 1 [badly decorated slightly scummy] bathroom (be prepared for a long wait in the morning!) and I don't have a pool table, poker table, bar, darts board, farm, or private romantic garden walk :P

I guess it might work if we did our nightlife somewhere in Northampton and then headed back to my pad for sleeping only?

If no-one else wants to step forward, I'll put a program together for about 2 months time?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:20:53 PM CDT by Becky Rose » Logged

The Very End
LFS Kart Meet
XFG

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:24 AM CDT »

Jesus christ you moved agian? :p

And haha, ok PLEASE do that! The plan about making a plan I mean! Wink I don't really care if it's karting or not - even tho it's GREAT fun, it's more about seeing all the great people I have goten to know (horrible grammar is horrible) over the years.

So what do you others say? :)

Becky Rose
SR Team
XRG

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 07:08:12 AM CDT »

Yes I bought my own house now, instead of renting - so I guess I'm all grown up and stuff.

I'll check out the local tracks and see what I can come up with.

Turkey
SR Admin
BF1

[SR] Turkey

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 10:29:24 AM CDT »

Sorry guys, I have been working away for the last 9 months so not had time to organise a meeting this year.

If anyone would be interested we could possibly do a meet at my house in the next month or two, but no karting as I wouldn't have time to organise it.

I am just waiting to see what happens with work but will report back after around August 22nd, I should know where I'm working next by then.

Becky Rose
SR Team
XRG

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:35 AM CDT »

I was all set to check out the local tracks this morning and just checked the forum first :)  I'll hold off in lieu of Jason.

Turkey
SR Admin
BF1

[SR] Turkey

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 08:12:18 PM CDT »

Oh did i mention, I will have my rift dk2 by then, so we could do a rift weekend :P

https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=86225

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:26:37 PM CDT by Turkey » Logged

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 05:49:37 AM CDT »

Toothy Grin

Turkey
SR Admin
BF1

[SR] Turkey

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:56 AM CDT »

My rift has arrived :) I'm in Belgium atm so will report when I get back and hopefully propose some dates for the meet!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: