Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bert and Miro join SR!  (Read 4281 times)
Turkey
SR Admin
BF1

[SR] Turkey

« on: March 15, 2012, 11:24:26 AM CDT »

Bert Knops and MiroTuutijarvi have joined SR. Both drivers were previously part of TDRT but have decided to join us after a 2 year chase by Turkey! Bert is 26 years old from Holland. Miro is 23 years old and from Finland.

Welcome to the team guys!

Bert's comments - A bit about my simracing career, I'm an oldtimer really... I was playing Grand Prix from Accolade and Papyrus' Indianapolis 500 before I could read. A few years and racing games later, when an internet connection and sometime later Grand Prix Legends arrived I got really hooked and started racing online and doing competitions. After doing a lot of GPL and later some Nascar 2003 over a total period of over 5 years, I just got a bit bored with simracing so when my wheel broke I didn't get a new one and as a result I was on a sabbatical. About 6 or 7 years later I found out simracing had moved on and I noticed myself missing the fun and the competitions so I decided to get a wheel again and ended up buying LFS S2, having shaken some rust off with the demo :)

Funny thing though, when I got S2 (around May or June 2010), I probably would've joined SR already if Rudi from TDRT hadn't already picked me up the day before or so when I was searching for a team through the LFS Forums :) So almost 2 years later, here I am after all!

Miro's comments - I am really pleased to join in the team. I hope that I can get some good pointers about RWD GTR cars and I would also like to improve myself on non-slicks cars and open wheelers. And of course it is always nice to get to know more people who have the same interests in simracing, keeping the racing clean and hard.

And for the future:

Me and Bert have some common interest in the rFactor 2, which is still in the open beta phase. We would like to get SR involved in that and we know that we'll get the support we need (hopefully :P). And ofc, we won't abandon LFS neither.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:33:19 AM CDT by Turkey » Logged

Turkey
SR Admin
BF1

[SR] Turkey

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:24:59 AM CDT »

Pic

* bertandmiro.jpg (269.63 KB, 839x487 - viewed 1158 times.)

Gerdoner
SR Team
XRR

I <3 El Topo

c.zorner Gerdoner
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:09:28 PM CDT »

Me and Bert have some common interest in the rFactor 2, which is still in the open beta phase. We would like to get SR involved in that and we know that we'll get the support we need (hopefully :P).

Bring it on \o/

New sig coming soon... in the meantime, enjoy this gif

KayJay
SR Admin
FBM

[SR] KayJay

?id=100000730653030
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 05:15:58 PM CDT »

Welcome to the team :)

To finish first, first you must finish!

Intel Core i5 4670K | MSI Z97 | 2x4GB DDR3 | MSI Radeon R9 280X
X-Fi Extreme Music | Fractal Design Define R4 Case | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Samsung 128MB SSD 840 PRO | Samsung SH-B123L Blu-ray | Dell U2410 Monitor

Servers
RaspberryPi 512MB & 32GB SD | RaspberryPi 512MB & 64GB SD
DLink DNS-320 NAS | Seagate 3TB HDD | Samsung 2TB HDD

Miro
SR Team
UF1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:35:44 PM CDT »

Thanks for the welcome once again LOL :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: