Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best Race Simulators!  (Read 2820 times)
Frank
troppo veloce
RB4

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 05:26:40 PM CST »

not really a fan of renting a game. how about that new C.A.R.S? has had good reviews so far.

JasonL220
SR Friend
FZR

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:48 PM CST »

Not tried it myself yet, so can't pass any judgement on it.

Monty
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 06:09:16 PM CST »

Never mind the problem Jason, it was IE9 doing what it does best.... cocking it up!   It was the quick guide thing you get before going into the users part - went onto iRacing with Firefox, all good :)

First impressions...... what a change!  Blink      Bigggggggg difference to LFS, rFactor etc!

Think I'm going to need help with control configs though, everything I do isn't working - overly sensitive!   Slightest turn and it is able to turn a hairpin Straight Face        The steering graphic is also annoying how it only turns to 90 Degrees - bloody confusing!          Any sollutions to sort these problems out?   (I love being a noob again  :P)

@Frank:   I was reading the reviews for C.A.R.S, seems promising!  Anyone had a chance to try it yet?

Frank
troppo veloce
RB4

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 12:24:57 AM CST »

well, i tried to download demo/dev version but when i try play it my computer almost goes into meltdown!
So far, its a game for iRacers, more money than sense :D

Teq
UFR

Oh!

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 03:46:34 AM CST »

@Monty, first of all set your logitech profiler to default and then in iracing recalibrate everything the way it asks you to. Once you do so you will understand how the calibration works.

I have everything default in Logitech profiler with a couple of tweaks (107% power and such). 200 degrees steering angle works for me the best cause I don't want to turn 900 degrees when i lose the back of the car :D

I read a lot about 350/400 degrees steering, haven't tried it yet.

slaWter
SR Team
FOX

iRacer

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 03:47:41 AM CST »

Here is our thread about CARS: http://www.sonicrealmsracing.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3417.msg59456#new

Haven't tried any of the newer builds - it seems too SHIFTy for me. I'll give it another go in a few months.

Monty, iRacing has the best and easiest controller setup ever made for any racing title. You can setup your wheel and pedal set in 2min with proper calibration compared to other games where you need 2h and it's still not properly working. If you can't use that, than I can't help you.

Gaming PC   Intel Core i7 4770K 4.5GHz # ASUS Z87 DLX/Dual # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # GTX TITAN X # 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 # Silverstone TJ10 # obutto r3volution # Fanatec ClubSport Wheel & Pedals # 3x HP ZR30w 30" 7680x1600 # Oculus Rift Dev Kit
MacBook Pro Retina   15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver   Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220

Frank
troppo veloce
RB4

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 06:12:45 AM CST »

thanks slawter,

another sim, Game Stock Car: http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/Home.aspx (click english option)

Heard alot of good reviews about it and way it handles is good, once i save some monies im going to test it out.

Also check their formula option out

Monty
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:18 AM CST »

For now... iRacing will have my full attention so I can see what it's about.

Initial impressions so far.... driving standards is very divided, they are either very good - or disgusting behavior i.e. ignoring blue flags, weaving around the straights to ensure they don't lose a place etc... making LFS look not too bad..... of course in LFS I'd just stick my car along the inside, if they turned in on me... tough - however this standard points thing really affects your rating so collisions drop it Sad

I will have a nose at other sims later once more reviews have come through for them!  :)

Aragorth
SR Team
RB4

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 01:01:08 PM CDT »

Raceroom Experience?
http://game.raceroom.com/

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 06:24:39 AM CDT »

Haven't tried "R3E" as it's apparently called, have you?
In the last year or so I've tried Project Cars (pretty crap IMO) and Assetto Corsa (pretty good; some flaws but overall good).
I have yet to find a sim that gets as many things right as LFS - there are lots of irritations in AC for example, like no way to change most of the options while on track.
But I guess I'll have to accept the flaws to have a sim community with actual racers in it Wink

Gerdoner
SR Team
XRR

I <3 El Topo

c.zorner Gerdoner
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 01:58:10 PM CDT »

In theory, I'd say rFactor 2. Good physics with a good tyre model and it's supposed to have (one of) the best ffb out there. Development got taken over by another studio one year ago, and it looks like we won't just get a random car here and there that nobody really cares about anymore. With the update to DX11, the graphics were updated from "sometimes meh, sometimes ugly" to "sometimes meh, sometimes good". As I said, the FFB is supposed to be pretty good, unfortunately I have major problems getting it to feel right. For me it's either nonexistent or trying to rip my wheel from the desk. Can't drive like this despite spending hours on finetuning the settings. A lot of ppl who have my wheel (T300) don't complain, so I am not really sure if it's my wheel or rF2 that's causing the problems. If you have a T300 or 500 and would share your wheel settings, I'd love to test them :D

ATM I am looking into R3E, but haven't purchased any content yet. Bought Assetto Corsa on the steam sale, but only did a handful of laps. Liked nkpro better, despite being bugridden :D

Anyways, as long as I can't fix my FFB problems, I am doing my (limited) racing in Automobilista. Trusted (read: old) rF1 engine, but a lot of polished content. Have uploaded most of my races to youtube, mostly for archival reasons. Take a look if you want to.

! No longer available Small | Large

! No longer available Small | Large

Btw: Hi all :D :)

New sig coming soon... in the meantime, enjoy this gif

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: