Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: Nick's real life career  (Read 16929 times)
Gerdoner
SR Team
XRR

I <3 El Topo

c.zorner Gerdoner
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2011, 07:46:38 PM CDT »

errr.. I knew this :S

New sig coming soon... in the meantime, enjoy this gif

sermilan
SR Team
LX4

« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2015, 05:00:05 AM CDT »

Nick goes WTCC http://www.fiawtcc.com/qa-nicky-catsburg/

Nicky Catsburg will make his FIA World Touring Car Championship debut in ROSNEFT WTCC Race of Russia this weekend when he drives a third LADA Vesta TC1 alongside Rob Huff and Jaap van Lagen.

Welcome to the WTCC Nick. Can you believe you are here?
“No, it’s all been a bit of a surprise and it all came very quickly. But now I am here I’m super happy and I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes.”

What knowledge do you have of the Moscow Raceway?
“Nothing. This track is completely new to me. I did my track walk yesterday. I tried to do some simulator laps but it’s all pretty new. It looks pretty nice.”

But nice is not easy. Will it be a difficult track to learn?
“It looks pretty technical, especially some of the slower parts so it will be quite hard to learn the track.”

And you’ve also got to learn a car. How are you finding the LADA Vesta?
“I did a couple of laps at Magny-Cours two or three weeks ago and I must say it was a bit of a surprise because the fastest front-wheel-driven car I’ve driven so far is a Renault Clio and now this! So it’s a lot of power on the front wheels and it requires a very specific driving style. It took me a while to get up to speed but I’m sure with the help of Rob and Jaap I will hopefully get up to speed quickly and be amongst them.”

What is the target for this weekend?
“In the end it’s a very important race for LADA and ROSNEFT our sponsor. We hope to be in the front obviously. For myself personally I just hope to do a good job for the team and hope to be close to my team-mates and that’s my only expectation so far. I have no idea of where we are compared to the other cars.”

You were meant to be racing in Zolder this weekend weren’t you?
“Exactly. I was meant to be racing in Zolder in the Blancpain Sprint Series so I had to discuss this with my team Reiter Engineering where I am a contracted driver. But they said okay, this is a very nice opportunity for you to explore this whole new market and a world championship so he said let’s go and we will find a replacement.”

So no crazy commuting plans between the two tracks for you then?
“No, no that’s going to be hard!”

You are one of three Dutch drivers competing in WTCC Race of Moscow – there seems to be a lot of good drivers from your country racing right now…
“I think there are a lot of good drivers anyway. I think I got lucky with this deal with LADA. Obviously I know Jaap, another race driver who lives close to my house. We’re basically friends and that’s the reason why I’m here. Now we have three Dutch drivers [with Tom Coronel also] and that’s really cool.”

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2015, 06:59:01 AM CDT »

Cool!
I just tried the WTCC website. I don't follow this championship at all (probly isn't free to view in the UK - I've certainly never seen it) and the website really sucks but it seems like he has just scored more points for the team than any of their other drivers this year with a P4 in race 2. (Is there a third race in WTCC?)

I just knew that anyone faster than me had to be world-class Wink
Go Nicky!  Funny

sermilan
SR Team
LX4

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2015, 04:30:03 AM CDT »

There are two races in every event, second one is with reverse grid. The most interesting race this year was at Nordschleife :) , first time ever.

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2015, 02:30:22 PM CDT »

Just watched race 2 on Youtube :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSztIsRndhw

Turkey
SR Admin
BF1

[SR] Turkey

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2015, 10:59:23 AM CDT »

Just watched it, great debut race Nick! (i'll have to ask him to pop in here and hopefully make a comment) :)

Adebayor
SR Team
UF1

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2015, 02:38:11 PM CDT »

yeah, watched it too. what happend with tarquini in 8lap ? nicy was on the outside of kerb, tarquini pushed him soo much, sadly for tarquini he get and slidy fron and lised grip. But hell yeah, nice race!

zeugnimod
SR Team
FZR

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2015, 10:41:32 AM CDT »

Look who won: http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/results?filter_season_id=5&filter_meeting_id=52&filter_race_id=359

Eek :D  Thumbs up

Neil
SR Team
UFR

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2015, 01:43:04 PM CDT »

woohoo!  Applause Hyper Yay Jumping banana Champion

Vule
SR Team
XFG

« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2015, 10:16:05 AM CDT »

Applause Woohoo Cheers Jumping banana Mexican wave Bravooo :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: